You’ve received the invitation months ago for your friend’s wedding and the time is almost here. You’ve picked out a gorgeous outfit for the occasion, chosen something off her registry for the wedding gift, and even went as far as signing the card ahead of time so you don’t forget the day of. Yup, you’ve got the big day under control, but you’ve been contemplating on what to get the bride-to-be for her bridal shower coming up. You ask yourself a question as old as time, ‘should I give lingerie as a bridal shower gift?’ You’ve been thinking it over and over for weeks and you still haven’t decided. Well, fret no more, dear. We’ve got the answer you’ve been waiting for.
Many women struggle with wanting to know if gifting lingerie at a bridal shower is a good idea, and we say absolutely! The point is simple. Lingerie empowers women to be confident, feel sexy and look beautiful (don’t believe us? Check it out in our previous blog: Is Lingerie Only for Your Partner?). It’s an item she will be able to wear on her honeymoon for her and her partner’s enjoyment or in her every-day life for own satisfaction. Either way, it’s something she will cherish. It’s a gift meant for her, to celebrate the woman she is (and if she lets her future hubby in on the celebration, then that’s a bonus)!
So, here’s where the tricky part comes in. What should you take into account when purchasing lingerie as a gift? We’ve got you covered. Here are some tips to consider when giving lingerie to the bride.
Make Her Feel Beautiful
As previously mentioned, the entire purpose of lingerie is for women to be confident, feel sexy and look beautiful. Keep that in mind when shopping for the bride-to-be. You want to select something that’ll not only put a smile on her face but captures her essence as a woman. You can shop for lingerie that enhances and shows off her body in a way that doesn’t diminishes her self-respect. In a market that is full of stripper-esque lingerie for women, it may be hard to find intimate apparel that’ll leave a woman feeling confident, secure, sexy, and comfortable. That’s where Aporei makes it easy. We specialize in filling that gap for women who want to look and feel beautiful in their intimate apparel.
So, to ensure your bride is feeling beautiful, be sure to ask for a size card. That way, she won’t try to fit into a tiny number that may leave her feeling insecure. If her size card doesn’t cover “intimate” sizing, don’t try to guess-timate. Simply ask what size she is so it’s guaranteed whatever you purchase will look lovely. Also, be sure to throw in a handwritten card for a personal touch. Let the bride know that you’re happy for the new chapter she’s about to embark on, and you want her to start her journey with something that’ll make her look and feel like the goddess she is.
Know Your Bride
There is a wide array of lingerie items to choose from; that’s why knowing your pride is so important. You don’t have to be best friends with the bride-to-be or even have known her for a long period of time to gift her with gorgeous lingerie. All you need to pick up on is her style. When there is such a vast number of styles and categories to choose from, narrowing your options down helps tremendously. If you’re not sure what to get, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Matching Bra and Panties Set- An all-time classic. There’s nothing wrong with going the traditional route for your bride. You can stick with the theme of a bridal shower and look for an ivory colored set with florals and lace. Check for panties with a booty veil for novelty.
- High-waisted Panties- The perfect attire to show off and contour curves. If your bride likes the vintage look and feel or may want additional coverage to keep everything nice and in place, the high-waisted look is definitely for her.
- Sexy Sleepwear- Being sexy doesn’t mean you have to be uncomfortable, even for bed. Find a charming sleepwear set with a design that fits the bride’s personality. Most sleepwear sets are wire free and will cling to her body freely, so she’s able to move about with ease.
- Bralette- Lingerie isn’t only for the bedroom or even for the house. A bralette is the ideal gift with a dual purpose. Your bride will be able to enjoy this in the comfort of her own home or out and around town. It’s not only comfortable, it’s currently a trending fashion piece with immense versatility. Get creative with a caged or halter bralette to add a bit of personality.
- Bodysuit- Mesh, floral, solid or otherwise, a bodysuit is a must have in any woman’s closet. Another item that can be worn in home or out and about, a body suit is a sexy way to keep everything tight and in place while flaunting your curves. She’ll enjoy the comfort of full coverage with keeping the sexy appeal of lingerie.
- Maxi Robe- Show as little or show a lot. A maxi robe caters to even the more conservative bride. She’s able to wear whatever she likes under it while feeling glamorous with the floor length fabric.
Stick to Your Budget
Lastly, please stick to your budget. Just because you want to gift lingerie as a bridal shower gift doesn’t mean you have to break the bank! At Aporei, we have high-quality lingerie items at a reasonable price. You can provide the perfect gift while staying in your budget. To ensure you’re getting the best bang for your buck, check to see what your garment is made of. Fine satin, luxurious silk and beautiful lace can all be at an affordable price. In fact, for being a loyal blog reader-- we are offering a 30% off coupon just for you-- Use Code: BLOG30
We know selecting a gift can be stressful, but hopefully, we made the process a bit easier. The bride should feel beautiful, as any woman should when wearing lingerie. She should feel empowered, sexy, confident, and secure, and at Aporei we’d love to provide your bride with just that right before her big day.